Tuesday, October 29, 2019

What Does It Take To Become Stronger?


I almost done watching the 70+ episodes of Hajime no Ippo, known as “Knockout” here in the Philippines. I felt the way the protagonist’s (Ippo Makunouchi) way of powering up his strength and stamina while fighting in the ring. Even though he’s groggy and getting weaker due to opponents' jabs and punches, he manages to get himself up and prove himself to others that he is physically and mentally stronger.



That’s how Jyoji Morikawa, the writer of Hajime no Ippo manga, impressed their readers and viewers of this anime. There are no dull moments, all the characters are just imposing pride and power that they can take down their opponents.

It takes a man to be stronger to get his goal – the will of fire to win. The power in the hand of a boxer lies in their motivation to subdue their opponents in the ring. They don’t want to let their spirit down but to fight until their last breath. This is how I compare my life with Ippo – I’d rather fighting with my fear than to run away.

Ippo teaches me to be a stronger person mentally and physically. Even though in the toughest times, I managed to get myself out of the darkest moment of my life. I fight for my life against depression because I know there is a little light in the midst of darkness.

Life is like a boxing arena. Don’t let the punches and jabs in your life be your weakness to stand because being stronger makes you tougher as your life goes on.

What does it take to be a stronger person? Like Ippo, he has the mindset to get his Japan Champion Belt. As for me, I have my family as my strength to move on as my mindset to reach my goal and prosperity in my everyday life.

People may mock you but don’t let yourself be weak, let yourself stand still and let God be your inspiration to move on.

“Nehemiah said, “Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength. – Nehemiah 8:10 (NIV)”

No comments:

Post a Comment



Jerwin is a simple guy who has the ambition to be a pocketbook writer or a poet but he turned out to be a Virtual Assistant for almost a decade. His motivation is his friends in social media as well as his family. He is currently looking for more ideas in blogging and his goal is not to impress people but to enhance the writing skills that he doesn’t want to learn because of grammar warriors or critics that he may get him upset.