Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Are You Ready For Your Death?

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

- Psalms 23:4

Are you ready for your death? Most of the people will say “A Big No.” Nobody wants death but that’s the cycle of life. As for me, I personally changed my perception as I get old. If you are going to ask me… then I said “Yes.”



My perception changed when I got hospitalized last June 2019 for almost a week. My doctor told me that I have Chronic Kidney Disease Stage 5 or Renal Failure End Stage. My creatinine unbelievably went up as well as my blood pressure. I am also having a hard time urinating, meaning there is something wrong with my kidney.

My doctor told me to undergo dialysis to lessen the creatinine serum in my body that may kill me within 24 hours. On May 30, 2019 at 6 PM, a catheter placed on my neck. The needle is quite thick with a length of 6 inches.

At that time, I was thinking and justifying things about what-ifs but I don’t want to leave my family, especially my mom who took care of me in the hospital.

Our Almighty God is the one who only knows when and where He will take our life. But I know by the power of prayers of my family and friends gave me the strength to move on. I am very much blessed to have those prayer warriors trusting God’s power of healing.

Death shall come upon us but if you have believed in the power of prayer, you entrusted your life to the Lord. Lord’s promises are unbreakable but sometimes, we cannot tell the time that the end is near.

The moment you surrender yourself to God, without a doubt, He is with you like He did to Joshua, Moses, and Abraham until their time has come to pass.

Glory to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment



Jerwin is a simple guy who has the ambition to be a pocketbook writer or a poet but he turned out to be a Virtual Assistant for almost a decade. His motivation is his friends in social media as well as his family. He is currently looking for more ideas in blogging and his goal is not to impress people but to enhance the writing skills that he doesn’t want to learn because of grammar warriors or critics that he may get him upset.